Thursday, June 30, 2011

Psalm 30:11,12


Thou has turned for my my mourning into dancing: thou has put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
Psalm 30: 11,13

Empathy. I have learned through the trials in my life a deeper empathy for those suffering. But, more importantly, I have learned to love God all the more. Two words come to my mind, "But God..." Had it not been for God's love for us, we would have no hope. What keeps some people from harming others, from committing crimes against another - is it their upbringing - or is it something more? 
What keeps me from doing things I know to be wrong - consequences - not what you might think - it is the knowledge that Jesus Christ died for my sins - why would I ask him for forgiveness and then deliberately place another spot on my account. There is none perfect, but we do have choices each day. And when we do wrong - He is faithful and just to forgive. 
Forgiveness. That is another word that has been on my mind. To know and to accept God has forgiven us for our sins is one thing - but to harbor anger and malice towards another - how can we? How can we who have been forgiven much - hold something against another - especially, if God himself has and is willing to forgive that person.
Understanding - How does God look at situations? From His perspective - I wonder about that - the phrase, 'What would Jesus do?' truly is a powerful phrase. From Heaven's point of view what is the most important thing in a situation? I believe if we acted with that thought in mind, we might govern ourselves differently from day to day. 
Love. Can I love the unloveable? God can - who am I to say that through Jesus I can't? If I believe God's word to be true - I believe that I am forgiven of my sins and that through Jesus Christ - I will one day see God. Therefore, while here on earth, I must govern my mind and my actions to reflect Him -
and it is through Him I can Empathize, forgive, understand and love.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusteth in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart trusteth in him, therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Psalm 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment