Friday, August 24, 2012

Antidote For Weariness



"Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator
of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of his understanding. 
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the 
youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that waith 
upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, 
and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:28-31

There are times in our daily walk when we can go along - take in all the diverse
events that come our way - we can set goals, accomplish great deeds and 
grow in our relationships. There are times, when disappointments, discouragements,
and dismaying events can weigh us down and whittle at our strength and resolve.

Sometimes, they can be like  the 'little foxes' eating away slowly at the root of us
until we realize that we've become weary in well doing. 

Life is not stagnant, it is like a flowing river bringing along beauty and refreshment
as well as dangerous turns and deep waters at the same time. How do you stay afloat
mentally, physically and spiritually.

We all bear a burden or more. Sometimes we also bear one another's burdens - we
become like sponges - either filled and weighed down or wrung out and hung to dry -
weary.

God never promised our life would be easy, but Jesus did promise one thing that we
can draw from - gather rays of hope from...

Himself.

"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye
shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light".
Matthew 11:28-30

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnessses,
let us lay aside every weight and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us 
run with patience the race that is set before us. Looking unto Jesus the author and
the finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endureth the cross, 
despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For 
consider him that endureth such contradiction  of sinners against himself,
lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds." Hebrews 12:1-3

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle
wall of partition between us;" Ephesians 2:14

Isn't it wonderful that we know we don't have to go through this life and its 
trials on our own. 

******


Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s a light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!

Refrain
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
Over us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conquerors we are!

Refrain
His Word shall not fail you—He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

Refrain


  1. I must tell Jesus all of my trials,
    I cannot bear these burdens alone;
    In my distress He kindly will help me,
    He ever loves and cares for His own.
    • Refrain:
      I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
      I cannot bear my burdens alone;
      I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
      Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.
  2. I must tell Jesus all of my troubles,
    He is a kind, compassionate Friend;
    If I but ask Him He will deliver,
    Make of my troubles quickly an end.
  3. Tempted and tried I need a great Savior,
    One who can help my burdens to bear;
    I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus:
    He all my cares and sorrows will share.
  4. What must I do when worldliness calls me?
    What must I do when tempted to sin?
    I must tell Jesus, and He will help me
    Over the world the vict’ry to win.

*********

What is the antidote for weariness? Spend time with Jesus - dedicate
a portion of each day to meditate on God's word, to reflect on the love
of Christ for you - lay aside all burdens and weights to Him.
Don't despair or fight against the circumstances of your life. God allows
certain events to occur that you might SEE HIM - that you might understand
God all the more - that you might deepen your trust and faith in God.

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is
made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in
my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in 
persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, them
am I strong". II Corinthians 12:9-10

"And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labor among you,
and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace 
among yourselves. Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly,
comfort the weak, be patient toward all men. See that noe render evil for evil
unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves,
and to all me. Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give 
thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you".

God is working in each of us His wonderful will transforming us all.
Learning from Jesus to submit ourselves to our God, to trust in Him and to 
have faith that God knows what's best for us and will give His strength
and peace to us in good and in bad days.

Lay aside your burdens, seek Jesus and find rest and peace in Him.

3 comments:

  1. grazie per queste parole Lory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn your eyes upon Jesus is one of my fave song, the first time I heard when Brooke Fraser sing this song. I love and adore much this blog.

    Love,
    Delvalina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my friend I always blessed when I read your blog and I love it so I nominate you as Libster award :)
    http://delvalinatuanger.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete